* [Caml-list] Q: ocamldoc error, camlp4, syntax differences
@ 2004-04-23  9:54 Jan Kybic
From: Jan Kybic @ 2004-04-23  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,
        I am generating documentation for my Ocaml code with ocamldoc.

I have several questions:

1) On some files, ocamldoc fails with:

      analyse_module: parsetree and typedtree don't match.

   What does this error message mean? I could not find it anywhere.
   If it is a bug, I can send the offending file to the responsible
   person.

2) Some files are to be preprocessed by Camlp4 in order to use the
   stream syntax. Is there a way to tell ocamldoc to preprocess only
   some sources files? I am using OCamlMakefile and I set:

        OCAMLDOC = ocamlfind ocamldoc -package lacaml,str

3) The reason why I am not using camlp4 for everything it that
   the syntax between ocaml and campl4 is different, the one by camlp4
   seems to be more restrictive. Are there any plans to unify the two?

Thank you for your help.

Jan

* Re: [Caml-list] Q: ocamldoc error, camlp4, syntax differences
@ 2004-04-23 12:30 ` Maxence Guesdon
       [not found]   ` <m2hdva968e.fsf@cmpgw-ii-05.felk.cvut.cz>
From: Maxence Guesdon @ 2004-04-23 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

On 23 Apr 2004 11:54:02 +0200
Jan Kybic <kybic@fel.cvut.cz> wrote:

> Hello,
>         I am generating documentation for my Ocaml code with ocamldoc.
>
> I have several questions:
>
> 1) On some files, ocamldoc fails with:
>
>       analyse_module: parsetree and typedtree don't match.
>
>    What does this error message mean? I could not find it anywhere.
>    If it is a bug, I can send the offending file to the responsible
>    person.

You can send the file to me, thanks. I already heard about a similar
bug and will investigate soon.

> 2) Some files are to be preprocessed by Camlp4 in order to use the
>    stream syntax. Is there a way to tell ocamldoc to preprocess only
>    some sources files? I am using OCamlMakefile and I set:
>
>         OCAMLDOC = ocamlfind ocamldoc -package lacaml,str

No you can't. But you can use the -dump and -load options to do
what you want:

ocamldoc -dump t.odoc -pp "...." <the files to preprocess>
ocamldoc -load t.odoc <the files you don't want to preprocess>

Moreover, you can use the -load option several times.

--
Maxence Guesdon

* Re: [Caml-list] Q: ocamldoc error, camlp4, syntax differences
       [not found]     ` <20040423180508.02119dc3@tintin.inria.fr>
@ 2004-04-27 15:07       ` Jan Kybic
From: Jan Kybic @ 2004-04-27 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxence Guesdon; +Cc: caml-list

> I could not compile it since more files are needed, but it may not be important.
> Can you try with the current CVS version of ocaml ? I made a fix some time
> ago that may solve the problem you had.

Hello,
        I have tried it with the current CVS version 3.07+17 and the
ocamldoc problem seems to be solved, the documentation is generated
correctly. However, the compiler (ocamlopt) seems to be broken for me - some
of my programs that worked fine under 3.07+2 started to run out of memory.
Has anybody experienced anything similar? Have there been changes in
the garbage collection etc.?

I tried to choose other CVS versions but did not have much luck - some
of them exhibited the same problem, some did not compile at all.

Is there any list summarizing changes between different CVS versions
and what versions are recommended?

So, I confirm that your fix for ocamldoc works for my files, thank you
very much. But I will probably have to wait for the next official
version to take advantage of it.

Yours,
        Jan