* [Caml-list] an interesting programming problem
@ 2002-01-26 18:34 Doug Bagley
From: Doug Bagley @ 2002-01-26 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I thought some people might find this thread from comp.lang.lisp interesting:
(Subject = "Cute Little Problem")

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&threadm=a2pmh7%24135ju5%241%40ID-125440.news.dfncis.de

The problem is sort of an interview question from a website, and the
task is to find related series of anagrams in a dictionary. People
were posting times of 10 seconds, 30 seconds, or even more (on fast
chips even), but using the native Ocaml compiler I can do it in (as of
now) in under 2 seconds on my old 400 Mhz Pentium II. A very informal
survey, of course, but it's the sort of thing that interests me.

One fellow asked for solutions (in any language) which he would
collect and summarize. So that was my motivation for giving it a
try. If anything comes of his study or if you are interested in the
source to my solution, let me know and I'll gladly give you an
update by email.

cheers,
doug

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-01-26 20:55 UTC | newest]