* [Caml-list] Unix.chdir and backtrace
@ 2003-08-23 13:58 david.fox
From: david.fox @ 2003-08-23 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Just a quick note to let everyone know that backtrace stops working
when your program uses Unix.chdir to change directory and argv[0] is a
relative pathname, like "./foo".  The output of strace shows it trying
to open ./foo and failing.  It might be a good idea to apply
realpath(3) to this path before the program runs.  Not a big deal, but
maybe I can save someone the half hour I spent tracking this down.

* Re: [Caml-list] Unix.chdir and backtrace
@ 2003-08-23 16:59 ` Eric C. Cooper
From: Eric C. Cooper @ 2003-08-23 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 06:58:22AM -0700, david.fox@lindows.com wrote:
> Just a quick note to let everyone know that backtrace stops working
> when your program uses Unix.chdir to change directory and argv[0] is
> a relative pathname, like "./foo".  The output of strace shows it
> trying to open ./foo and failing.  It might be a good idea to apply
> realpath(3) to this path before the program runs.

At least on Linux, the runtime system can just open "/proc/self/exe"
rather than attempting to open caml_exe_name.

--
Eric C. Cooper          e c c @ c m u . e d u

* [Caml-list] DOMINOCAML release
@ 2003-08-25  7:14 ` charles@laposte
From: charles@laposte @ 2003-08-25  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

The first public release of DOMINOCMAL is avalable at sourceforge :
http://phimatex.sf.net/dominocaml.html

It's the first time I use object with ocaml, so if people can read some of
my files (only 1.500 LOC) and give me feedback, he will be welcome.

DOMINOCAML is an ocaml GPL software aimed to explore aspects of the
dominoes game.
Actually, it can :
- compute statistics on domino gaming
- simulate games between automated players
- play games between humans and automated players

If new developpers want to join its developpment, dominocaml will become a
sourceforge project on its own.

Actually it needs :
- a pretty GUI (may be developped in anoter language)
- add some strategies
- support of networked games

best regards,
charles