* [Caml-list] LABLTK?
@ 2003-04-10  0:07 deerf hal
From: deerf hal @ 2003-04-10  0:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

hello,

i use a canvas, in a toplevel, but i decide to rezise the canvas when i
rezise the main window (toplevel).
i found a solution with xview and yview function to know the size of the
toplevel, and i use the canvas as a global variable, wich i destroy and then
i give to the global variable a new canvas with a good size.
it 's work , but i use event in my canvas, and when i destroy it, it seems
to made canvas.bind disable, even i made copy of my global canvas variable.
i must to make canvas.bind another time:
it 's work but, could i use a differrent way to keep the original bind (on
my global variable !canvas).

thank

* Re: [Caml-list] LABLTK?
@ 2003-04-10  1:34 ` Jacques Garrigue
From: Jacques Garrigue @ 2003-04-10  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: halnaf; +Cc: caml-list

From: "deerf hal" <halnaf@hotmail.com>

> i use a canvas, in a toplevel, but i decide to rezise the canvas when i
> rezise the main window (toplevel).
> i found a solution with xview and yview function to know the size of the
> toplevel, and i use the canvas as a global variable, wich i destroy and then
> i give to the global variable a new canvas with a good size.

You don't have to destroy the canvas: you can use
[Canvas.configure canvas ~width ~height] to resize it dynamically.

Jacques Garrigue

* Re: [Caml-list] LABLTK?
@ 2003-04-10  6:26   ` Matt Gushee
From: Matt Gushee @ 2003-04-10  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 12:07:39AM +0000, deerf hal wrote:

> i use a canvas, in a toplevel, but i decide to rezise the canvas when i
> rezise the main window (toplevel).
> i found a solution with xview and yview function to know the size of the
> toplevel, and i use the canvas as a global variable, wich i destroy and
> then i give to the global variable a new canvas with a good size.

The usual way to make a child widget change size along with its parent
is to use the 'expand' and 'fill' arguments to 'pack', e.g.:

  pack [c] ~expand:`Yes ~fill:`Both;

It's a bit more complex with Grid, but you can still do it; I suppose
there's a way to do it with Place, too, but I never use Place, so I
can't tell you how.

Or is there some reason that won't work for you?

mgushee@havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.

                            --Lao Tzu (Peter Merel, trans.)