categories - Category Theory list
* CATS Categorical model for Floyd-Hoare logic?
@ 1998-02-14  1:40 David Espinosa
From: David Espinosa @ 1998-02-14  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories; +Cc: espinosa

Hopefully this is my last question for a while.

Has there been work on a categorical model for "while programs" (or,
equivalently, assembly language) and Floyd-Hoare logic?

In the obvious model, objects are predicates on a store, and arrows
are code sequences mapping stores to stores that satisfy the
postcondition assuming the precondition.

I'm interested to know:

  (1) What is the structure of this category?
      Does it have products, sums, etc?
      What program constructs do they correspond to?

  (2) What is the correct equality on arrows?  I would think that
      we want the finest equality that yields nice structure.  Then we
      can collapse afterward to obtain coarser categories.

David