categories - Category Theory list
* a fantastic simplification of our subject
@ 1998-04-04 15:42 Peter Freyd
From: Peter Freyd @ 1998-04-04 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barr, categories

I can't make Mike's proof type-check, so let me try the following:
For any set-valued functor, T,  from any category, let  a:O -> T
be the unique transformation from the empty functor. Isn't it
obviously cartesian? Has Mike shown all set-valued functors are
empty?

Good heavens.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-04-04 15:42 UTC | newest]