categories - Category Theory list
* Re: Cat as a model category
@ 1999-11-03 21:43 Marta Bunge
From: Marta Bunge @ 1999-11-03 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

The McGill Ph.D. thesis of my student, Murray Heggie, deals with closed
model structures in Cat and in presheaf toposes. Its contents have been
published in three papers in the Cahiers.

•	M. Heggie, "The left derived tensor product of CAT-valued
diagrams", Cahiers de Top. et Geo. Diff. Cat.
     XXXIII-1 (1992) 33-53.
•	M. Heggie, "Homotopy Cofibrations in CAT", Cahiers de Top.
et Geo. Diff. Cat., Vol.XXXIII-4, (1992), 291-314.
•	M. Heggie, "Homotopy Colimits in presheaf categories",
Cahiers de Top. et Geo. Diff. Cat., Vol.XXXIV-1, (1993), 13-36.

Sincerely,
Marta Bunge

* Cat as a model category
@ 1999-11-03 15:23 Steven R. Costenoble
From: Steven R. Costenoble @ 1999-11-03 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Here's a question I've already asked on the algebraic topology mailing
list. I received several very interesting replies, but there seems to be
little published and I'm curious what else is out there:

I have Thomason's 1980 paper "Cat as a closed model category." Are
there any other references for model category structures on Cat, the
category of small categories?

--Steve Costenoble
  matsrc@hofstra.edu
  Dept. of Mathematics