categories - Category Theory list
* preprint: Combinatorics of branchings in higher dimensional automata
@ 1999-12-10 10:30 Philippe Gaucher
From: Philippe Gaucher @ 1999-12-10 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Title : Combinatorics of branchings in higher dimensional automata

Abstract :

We explore the combinatorial properties of the branching areas of
paths in higher dimensional automata. Mathematically, this means
that we investigate the combinatorics of the negative corner homology
of a globular $\omega$-category and the combinatorics of a new homology
theory called the reduced negative corner homology. This latter is the
homology of the quotient of the corner complex by the sub-complex
generated by its thin elements. As application, we calculate the corner
homology of some $\omega$-categories and we give some invariance results
for the reduced corner homology. We only treat the negative side. The
positive side, that is to say the case of merging areas of paths is
similar and can be easily deduced from the negative side.

Comments : LaTeX2e, 42 pages

only message in thread, other threads:[~1999-12-10 10:30 UTC | newest]