categories - Category Theory list
* PhD positions in Tallinn (Logic and Semantics)
@ 2024-03-15 10:24 Tarmo Uustalu
From: Tarmo Uustalu @ 2024-03-15 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

The Logic and Semantics Group at the Department of Software Science of
the Tallinn University of Technology (https://www.taltech.ee/<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/FgMYCZY146sZj8kQsKx5xV?domain=taltech.ee>)
conducts research into type theory, proof theory, category theory,
languages and automata, semantics of programming languages,
formalization of mathematics and programming theory.

Detailed information about our profile, incl. our publications, is
available from our webpage:

https://cs.ioc.ee/lsg/<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/k8n5C1WLjwsyZBPqsXHIkJ?domain=cs.ioc.ee>

We are currently seeking strong and motivated candidates for one or
two PhD positions in one of the following research areas:

- type theory and formalization of mathematics (Niccolò Veltri)

- categorical proof theory (Niccolò Veltri, Tarmo Uustalu)

- languages and automata (Hellis Tamm, Hendrik Maarand)

- categorical program semantics (Tarmo Uustalu)

- cellular automata (Silvio Capobianco)

We are happy to discuss potential PhD topics in all of these areas.

The nominal PhD study time at TUT is 4 years. PhD studentships are
salaried positions. At this moment, we pay PhD students a taxable
gross salary of 1828 EUR/month (~1450 EUR/month after taxes), topped
up with a tax-free stipend of 500 EUR/month. This ensures a good
living standard in Estonia for this career stage and includes
insurance by the national health system.

The expected start time is summer or autumn 2024.

To apply, please send a motivation letter together with your CV and
copies of your diploma(s) and transcripts to Tarmo Uustalu
<tarmo@cs.ioc.ee> (the lab head) and the prospective supervisor(s)
soonest, latest by 7 April 2024. We will consider applications as they
arrive. There is also a subsequent formal admission process.

You're receiving this message because you're a member of the Categories mailing list group from Macquarie University. To take part in this conversation, reply all to this message.

View group files<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/categories@mq.edu.au/groupsubscription.ashx?source=EscalatedMessage&action=files&GuestId=4eb9b40c-9b3a-48a5-9781-836e5a171e8b>   |   Leave group<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/categories@mq.edu.au/groupsubscription.ashx?source=EscalatedMessage&action=leave&GuestId=4eb9b40c-9b3a-48a5-9781-836e5a171e8b>   |   Learn more about Microsoft 365 Groups<https://aka.ms/o365g>