categories - Category Theory list
* Available Teaching Position
@ 2011-04-13 19:11 Mark Johnson
From: Mark Johnson @ 2011-04-13 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: algtop, categories-59hdLBrVOVU

Hi folks (apologies for cross-listing),

I had heard the job market was rough this year, so thought I would
forward our ad for a newly available teaching position.  We have an
active topology/geometry seminar with just a 45 mile drive to the main
campus of Penn State.  Our department also has a strong commitment to
academic standards.  Anyone with questions can contact me directly,
but full applications should be sent as indicated below.

Thanks,
Mark Johnson
Chair of Mathematics and Statistics
Penn State Altoona

Mathematics Position:

The Pennsylvania State University, the Altoona College invites
applications for a one-year
position in either Mathematics or Statistics starting Fall 2011
semester.  Candidates must have a
Ph.D. in Mathematics or Statistics and a strong interest in
undergraduate instruction.
Responsibilities for the position include teaching courses in
mathematics and/or statistics at both
the entry level and advanced undergraduate level.  Penn State Altoona
offers a competitive salary
and an attractive benefits package.

Applicants should send a letter of application establishing their
qualifications; a current vita; a
description of teaching philosophy and evidence of teaching
effectiveness; transcripts (official
transcripts required at the time of an interview); and a minimum of
two letters of reference (at
least one specifically addressing teaching).  Applicants are strongly
encouraged to submit their
applications and accompanying materials electronically to
mnsdiv-8DAjSxpRXgY@public.gmane.org in Word or PDF
formats.  Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue
until the position is filled.
Non-electronic inquiries, applications, and additional materials
should be sent to:

Chair Search Committee Mathematics/Statistics Position
Penn State Altoona
Box
3000 Ivyside Park
Altoona, PA  16601-3760

For additional information about Penn State Altoona, please visit our
web page at
http://www.altoona.psu.edu

For additional information about our mathematics faculty and program,
please see our web site at
http://math.aa.psu.edu

Penn State is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and
the diversity of its
workforce.