categories - Category Theory list
* Rosanna Cruciani
@ 2023-10-30  6:51 Francis Borceux
From: Francis Borceux @ 2023-10-30  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

It is with sadness that I let the categorical community know that Rosanna Cruciani passed this week-end.

She has been a prominent figure of category theory in Rome. She was a reliable mathematician, a highly friendly person … and a very good cook. Her hospitality has always been very generous.

We shall miss her. Our great sympathy goes to her daughter Raffaella and her son Giovanni.

Her funerals will take place this Tuesday 31 at 9.30 in the church Nostra Signora di Coromoto in Rome.

Francis Borceux

* Re: Rosanna Cruciani
@ 2023-10-30  7:57 ` Marco Grandis
From: Marco Grandis @ 2023-10-30  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories.mq

It’s very sad, we are missing a dear colleague and a wonderful person

Marco Grandis

* Re: Rosanna Cruciani
@ 2023-10-30 10:36 ` Ross Street
From: Ross Street @ 2023-10-30 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Francis

I am very sad to hear that news. Rosanna Succi Cruciani was a regal woman. She and her husband were very kind to us when I, with family, were in Rome in 1981.

Please convey my sympathy and respect to her family.

Ross

Sent from my iPhone