categories - Category Theory list
From: Chris Heunen <Chris.Heunen@ed.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Phil Scott
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 22:16:51 +0000	[thread overview]

It's somber and sobering that Phil passed away. As I got to know him over the last couple of winters he spent in Edinburgh, he was very generous with his time, never assuming, and always gentle and cheerful. He made me feel like a proper category theorist and taught me many things. One of them was that he had found these wonderful boots at his favourite store when we went on a hike with the kids. I remember thinking they looked a bit dull, but know better now I'm wearing that brand shoes every day!

Our thoughts are with you Marcia - you'll be remembered Phil.

Chris