categories - Category Theory list
* Isaac Newton Institute Satellite programme on the Isle of Skye
       [not found] ` <CAEG1W=3zXUHM9t-bBxzVCWWfViTj9vdHLdBntyKpLj_S_BZ0Ew@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2024-01-26 17:47   ` Paoli, Simona
From: Paoli, Simona @ 2024-01-26 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear All,

I would like to remind you that the deadline for registration for the TRH Newton Institute satellite programme is next week (see below)

Best wishes,

Simona Paoli, on behalf of the organisers.

Topology, representation theory and higher structures

Newton Institute Satellite programme

Sabhal Mor Ostaig - Isle of Skye, Scotland

This is the second announcement for a 4-week satellite programme of the Newton Institute that will take place in the Gaelic college Sabhal Mor Ostaig on the Isle of Skye.

The first two weeks are designed for collaborative research on the themes of the programme, with minimal planned activities. We can host up to 40 participants during these two weeks.

Week 3 will be a workshop targeted at younger mathematicians and others who are interested in learning about the themes of the programme. Two-hour introductory talks will be given every morning during this week. Afternoon contributed talks by the participants will be solicited at a later stage. The following mathematicians have agreed to give the introductory talks:

Julie Bergner (Homotopy Theory)

Bernhard Hanke (Geometry)

Markus Linkelmann (Representation Theory)

Christoph Schweigert (Quantum Algebra)

Karen Vogtman (Geometric Group Theory)

Week 4 will be an international conference, with morning plenary talks and contributed afternoon sessions. The following mathematicians will give plenary talks:

Tobias Barthel (Homotopy Theory)

Diarmuid Crowley (Geometry)

Pavel Etingof (Quantum Algebra)

Kathryn Hess (Homotopy Theory)

Srikanth Iyengar (Quantum Algebra)

Dominic Joyce (Geometry)

Kathryn Mann (Geometric Group Theory)

Julie Plavnik (Representation Theory)

Andrew Putman (Geometric Group Theory)

Catharina Stroppel (Representation Theory)

The registration link (https://forms.gle/R7ihUWEbK7wGCrcbA<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/u96jCnx1Z5Uo5JPEcJ9FJ1?domain=urldefense.com>) and more information about the programme can be found at https://www.newton.ac.uk/event/trh/<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/VW-7Cp81gYC8DjV2UGesgO?domain=urldefense.com> which will be updated regularly.

Registration will close on 31st January 2024. Because of space limitations at the venue, we might not be able to accommodate all applicants. We will respond to all applications in early February, after the registration deadline.

Childcare for children age 4 and below may be available. Participants who wish to use this service should register as soon as possible and check the relevant box in the registration form.

We expect to be able to support all participants in full or in part, with priority given to early career researchers. Free transportation to and from the venue to Glasgow will be arranged once a week with arrivals planned on Sunday and departures on Saturday. We might also be able to provide transport on Saturday - to be confirmed.

For any questions, please contact one of the organisers.

The organising committee

Tara Brendle (Glasgow)  tara.brendle@glasgow.ac.uk<mailto:tara.brendle@glasgow.ac.uk>

Ran Levi (Aberdeen) r.levi@abdn.ac.uk<mailto:r.levi@abdn.ac.uk>

Ehud Meir (Aberdeen) ehud.meir@abdn.ac.uk<mailto:ehud.meir@abdn.ac.uk>

Simona Paoli (Aberdeen) simona.paoli@abdn.ac.uk<mailto:simona.paoli@abdn.ac.uk>

Ana Ros Camacho (Cardiff) roscamachoa@cardiff.ac.uk<mailto:roscamachoa@cardiff.ac.uk>

Markus Upmeier (Aberdeen) markus.upmeier@abdn.ac.uk<mailto:markus.upmeier@abdn.ac.uk>

Tha Oilthigh Obar Dheathain na charthannas clàraichte ann an Alba, Àir. SC013683.

You're receiving this message because you're a member of the Categories mailing list group from Macquarie University. To take part in this conversation, reply all to this message.

View group files<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/categories@mq.edu.au/groupsubscription.ashx?source=EscalatedMessage&action=files&GuestId=4eb9b40c-9b3a-48a5-9781-836e5a171e8b>   |   Leave group<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/categories@mq.edu.au/groupsubscription.ashx?source=EscalatedMessage&action=leave&GuestId=4eb9b40c-9b3a-48a5-9781-836e5a171e8b>   |   Learn more about Microsoft 365 Groups<https://aka.ms/o365g>