categories - Category Theory list
From: Dusko Pavlovic <duskgoo@gmail.com>
To: categories@mq.edu.au
Cc: Ext-FSE Baez - <baez@math.ucr.edu>
Subject: Re: The game of the name: Standard constructions, triples, monads, fundamental constructions
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 11:11:31 -1000	[thread overview]

>> It seems the history of mathematics is endlessly tricky.

we are watching in real time that all history is endlessly tricky and terrible.

some of us settled on math precisely because it seemed less terribly
tricky than the rest. i was under a solemn oath after the high-school
that whatever i might do in my life the only requirement was that it
should have nothing to do with math, which seemed like people
competing who is smarter. i settled on it after i destroyed one
relationship after another just proving stuff all the time.

so it is a little ironic to find on the other end the history of
mathematics being the tricky part.

:)
-- dusko

[snip]