categories - Category Theory list
* Re:  [Fwd: inquiry in re: citations and (fwd)]
@ 2008-12-12  8:30 George Janelidze
From: George Janelidze @ 2008-12-12  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories list

[From moderator: apologies to George; a keyboard error of mine hid the
correct sender of this in a version posted a short time ago.]

Dear Jim,

I think what you did is extremely useful, also because it will make the
views of MR on category theory very clear. My list below contains APCS in
addition to the two journals everybody mentions. It does not contain HHA and
JHRS, not because I have anything against them, but because we are
explicitly talking about category theory now (according to your message to
MR).

Theory and Applications of Categories - ISSN 1201 - 561X:
http://www.tac.mta.ca/tac/
Robert Rosebrugh   rrosebrugh@mta.ca

Cahiers de Topologie et Géométrie Différentielle Catégoriques - ISSN
1245-530X (formerly ISSN 0008-0004):
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/vbm-ehr/CT/CT2T.htm
Andree Ehresmann   Andree.Ehresmann@u-picardie.fr

Applied Categorical Structures (ISSN: 0927-2852 (print version), ISSN:
1572-9095 (electronic version)):
http://www.springer.com/math/journal/10485
Robert Lowen   bob.lowen@ua.ac.be

Dear Andree, Bob, and Bob,

Could you please urgently confirm that you agree to include the journal you
are taking care of to the list above, and confirm the details I gave?

With best regards to all - George

From: Steve Vickers @ 2008-12-15  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories list

Dear Jim,

There should be mention of Mathematical Structures in Computer Science.
Although it's not exclusively about category theory, categories have
always played a prominent role in the mathematical structures used.

Regards,

Steve Vickers.

@ 2008-12-12 15:58 Andree Ehresmann
From: Andree Ehresmann @ 2008-12-12 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories list

Dear George,

Naturally I agree that the "Cahiers" be included in the list.

Since many years, the Math. Reviews ask me to send them 2 free copies
of each issue of the "Cahiers", which I do regularly, and the papers
in the "Cahiers" are analysed and figure in their authors'list of
publication (at least for those I have verified). However I have just
seen that the "Cahiers" as such are not in the list of journals and I
am going to write them to have an explanation.

With all my best wishes for the new year,
Warm regards
Andree

* [Fwd: inquiry in re: citations and (fwd)]
@ 2008-12-11 21:54 jim stasheff
From: jim stasheff @ 2008-12-11 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories list

Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:36:48 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)