categories - Category Theory list
* Graphical Category Theory Demonstrations
@ 2009-04-16 15:22 Jocelyn Paine
From: Jocelyn Paine @ 2009-04-16 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

"If you could commission a computer demonstration of any categorical idea,
what would you ask for? Could such demonstrations have helped you, or your
students, learn tricky ideas? And, would you be willing to share the
visualisations and metaphors that you have devised to explain these ideas
to yourself or others?"

We've started a thread on this topic at the n-Category Cafe',
http://golem.ph.utexas.edu/category/2009/04/graphical_category_theory_demo.html
. Anybody interested in using computers to demonstrate concepts from
category theory, do please have a look there. I've just added an
explanation of the techniques available for delivering demonstrations over
the Web, and I mention one - the 3D modelling environment called Alice -
that I think will eventually be brilliant for animating category theory,
and many other topics besides.

Jocelyn Paine
http://www.j-paine.org
http://www.spreadsheet-parts.org
+44 (0)7768 534 091

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-04-16 15:22 UTC | newest]