categories - Category Theory list
* MakkaiFest, 18 - 20 June (Montreal)
@ 2009-05-17 18:35 Robert Seely
From: Robert Seely @ 2009-05-17 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories List

A reminder, a request, and an invitation:

Information about the following meeting may be found on the webpage:
   http://www.crm.umontreal.ca/Makkaifest09/

      Models, Logics and Higher-Dimensional Categories
         A tribute to the work of Mihaly Makkai

                 18 - 20 June 2009

at Centre de Recherche Math\'ematique (CRM) in Montreal
with a 1-day workshop at McGill on 18 June.

-----------------

If you wish to stay near the CRM for the MakkaiFest, there are two
accommodation options, as given on the meeting webpage.

    http://www.crm.umontreal.ca/Makkaifest09/logement_e.php

- First, a *very* small number of rooms are still available at the
Terrasse Royale Hotel at the meeting rate of $CAN 125 per night.  If you
want one of these rooms you should contact Louis Pelletier
<pelletl@CRM.UMontreal.CA> immediately (do NOT contact the hotel
directly if you want the conference rate).  Once the reserved rooms are
all taken, we cannot guarantee there will still be rooms available at
the Terrasse Royale.

- The University residence has simple rooms available for very
reasonable rates.  Check their website - you should make reservations
with them directly. http://www.studioshotel.ca/index.php?lang=en&d=h

------

If you are interested in speaking in the 1-day Workshop on June 18th (at
McGill), please let us know as soon as possible - there are VERY FEW
places available in the program, and at this time we cannot guarantee
all requests can be accommodated.

------

If you intend to attend the meeting banquet, please let one of us (Phil
or Robert) know as soon as possible, so we can inform the restaurant of
the numbers attending.  We have to give them a final number early in
June, and once that has been done, we cannot guarantee latecomers can be
accommodated.  We'd rather not have to disappoint participants.

------

Finally, we encourage you to register (on-line at the meeting webpage)
as soon as possible.

Phil Scott <phil@site.uottawa.ca>
Robert Seely <rags@math.mcgill.ca>

--
<rags@math.mcgill.ca>
<www.math.mcgill.ca/rags>

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-05-17 18:35 UTC | newest]