categories - Category Theory list
* universality
@ 2009-06-17 19:42 Dietmar Schumacher
From: Dietmar Schumacher @ 2009-06-17 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories, Reinhard.Boerger

Hi Reinhard,
when I entered category theory I must have gotten on the nerves of a
student of logic who found it necessary to point out to me that
universality is as good as one knows the ambient universe. That remark
came around to bite me once more when I recently pontificated that under
the same assumptions on a category S, under which NNO's in S imply that
the category of categories in S is monadic over the category of directed
graphs in S,  the converse would be true.
Dietmar (Schumacher)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-06-17 19:42 UTC | newest]