categories - Category Theory list
* Injective objects in topoi.
@ 2009-06-26 10:59 Toby Kenney
From: Toby Kenney @ 2009-06-26 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear Category theorists,

	I'm sure the following lemma is either known, or I've made some
mistake in proving it:

Lemma:

	If I is an injective object in a topos, then for any monomorphism
I>---m--->A, the object of splittings of m, i.e.

S={f:I^A|(\forall i:I)(f(m(i))=i)}

is also injective.

Could someone let me know of a reference to it. Thanks a lot.

Toby

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-06-26 10:59 UTC | newest]