categories - Category Theory list
* Re: Saunders is 100
@ 2009-08-04 21:26 Steve Awodey
From: Steve Awodey @ 2009-08-04 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: F William Lawvere, categories

Thanks, Bill, for calling this to my attention.
I would have been sorry to have missed noticing it!

Best regards from the European Logic Colloquium in Sofia, Bulgaria,
where today (August 4) we appropriately had a special session and
several contributed talks on category theory in logic.

Steve Awodey

On Aug 4, 2009, at 7:08 AM, F William Lawvere wrote:

> August 4 is Saunders Mac Lane's
> one hundredth birthday.
>
> At a mathematical dinner party hosted by Don Schack,
> the long-time friends Jack Duskin, Peter and Pam Freyd,
> Bill and Fatima Lawvere, Mohan Ramachandran,
> Steve Schanuel, Scott Williams, as well as other guests
> toasted Saunders and the century of mathematical
> progress in which he played such an important role
> as leader and as our friend.
>
> To Saunders!
>

> [For admin and other information see: http://www.mta.ca/~cat-dist/ ]

* Saunders is 100