categories - Category Theory list
* Scottish Category Theory Seminar
@ 2009-10-02 15:14 Neil Ghani
From: Neil Ghani @ 2009-10-02 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

*** Scottish Category Theory Seminar
*** First Meeting
*** Friday 27 November 2009, 2pm
*** University of Glasgow, Scotland

Dear All,

We are pleased to announce the first meeting of the Scottish Category
Theory Seminar which will be a forum for discussion of all aspects of
category they, be they straight category theory or applications to
computer science or physics etc. We envisage meeting for an afternoon
once every few months, at some congenial location in Scotland. Talks
by Scots and by visitors are welcome. Please contact us if you would
like to host a meeting or give a talk. Meetings are open, and all are
welcome to attend.

The first meeting will take on Friday 27 November at the University of
Glasgow at 2pm. At the first meeting, we are pleased to announce the
following
invited speakers

     * Martin Hyland, Universty of Cambridge
     * Nicola Gambino, University of Palermo

These invited talks will be for one hour. We also invite volunteers
for two contributed half-hour talks. This meeting will receive
financial support from the Complex Systems Engineering theme of SICSA,
the Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance and from the
Department of Mathematics at the University of Glasgow.

More details can be found at

http://personal.cis.strath.ac.uk/~ng/sct.html

If you wish to attend, offer a contributed talk, or want more
information about the Scottish Category Theory Seminar, please email scotcats@cis.strath.ac.uk

Neil Ghani
Tom Leinster
Alex Simpson

* Scottish Category Theory Seminar
@ 2011-04-07 20:15 Tom Leinster
From: Tom Leinster @ 2011-04-07 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

***  THE 4TH SCOTTISH CATEGORY THEORY SEMINAR  ***

***  School of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Glasgow  ***
***  Friday 13 May 2011, 2-5.30pm  ***

The Scottish Category Theory Seminar brings together the diverse groups of
people interested in the many aspects of category theory.  For our fourth
meeting we give you:

INVITED SPEAKERS

Eugenia Cheng (Sheffield) - "Distributive laws for Lawvere theories"
Bruno Vallette (Nice/Max Planck) - To be announced.

CONTRIBUTED TALKS

Submissions are invited for two 25-minute contributed talks.  If you would
like to give one, please send us a title and abstract soon.

If you intend to come, it would be helpful (but is not essential) to send
us a short email saying so.

Information: http://www.maths.gla.ac.uk/~tl/sct110513.html
Contact:     scotcats@cis.strath.ac.uk

We are generously supported by the Glasgow Mathematical Journal Trust.

Tom Leinster
(for the organizers: Neil Ghani, TL, Alex Simpson)

* Scottish Category Theory Seminar
@ 2009-11-12 20:07 Neil Ghani
From: Neil Ghani @ 2009-11-12 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

[...]

     * Alexander Kurz, University of Leicester
     * Willem Bernard Heijltjes, University of Edinburgh

This meeting will receive financial support from the Complex Systems
Engineering theme of SICSA, the Scottish Informatics and Computer
Science Alliance and from the Department of Mathematics at the
University of Glasgow.

More details can be found at

http://personal.cis.strath.ac.uk/~ng/sct.html

If you wish to attend, or want more information about the Scottish