categories - Category Theory list
* question on pseudomorphisms
@ 2009-11-23 12:55 burroni
From: burroni @ 2009-11-23 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

Has the following question been already studied and, if it is the case
(it is my opinion), where ?
Let T be a monad on Cat (not necessarily a 2-monad), C the category of
T-algebras and C' the catégorie with the same objets but with
pseudomorphisms (morphisms up to natural isomorphisms --- eventually
with coherences).
The inclusion i : C --> C' has a left adjoint j : C' --> C.

The question is : for all T-algebra A, is the canonical morphisms m :
A --> i(j(A)) an equivalence (of the underlying categories) ?

Regards,
Albert

* Re: question on pseudomorphisms
       [not found] <C7317E69.95F9%s.lack@uws.edu.au>
@ 2009-11-24 19:50 ` burroni
From: burroni @ 2009-11-24 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Lack, categories

Dear Steve,
Thank you for your precious informations (I have never read the
article "two-dimensional ...").
But my interest is really in the case of non necessarily 2-monad over
Cat and I am convinced that the adjonction j -| i exists, with or
without coherences (for the pseudomorphisms).
Best regards,
Albert

@ 2009-11-24  1:13 Steve Lack
From: Steve Lack @ 2009-11-24  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)