categories - Category Theory list
* Mathematics job(s) at Macquarie University
@ 2009-12-11  0:08 Ross Street
From: Ross Street @ 2009-12-11  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories list

Dear Colleagues

The Macquarie University Mathematics Department is advertising for a
continuing appointment at the Senior Lecturer level (Level C). Please
see Job Reference 22083 on the Human Resources page:
http://macquarieuniversity.nga.net.au/bin/fnt_jobs_list.cfm?mode=def
Some details are copied below. A research record in category theory is
essential.

It is also highly probable that one or two fixed-term jobs (Lecturer
Level - - called Level B) will be advertised soon. These will not
specifically be for category theory but will require early
availability and teaching experience (probably with preference going
to people familiar with our kinds of courses).

Please notify suitable candidates. I am happy to answer enquiries.

Ross Street

REF. 22083 SENIOR LECTURER IN MATHEMATICS

The Department of Mathematics is seeking to appoint a Senior Lecturer
in Mathematics who will contribute significantly to its research and
teaching activities. The successful applicant will carry out
independent research closely related to the Department's research
strength in category theory and to the goals of the Centre of
Australian Category Theory (CoACT).

You will teach a wide range of mathematics courses and supervise
research projects in the Department's undergraduate and postgraduate
programs. We seek applicants with proven research skills, a commitment
to teaching and developing courses of the highest standard, capability
to assume a leadership role in CoACT, and a willingness to work with
colleagues on new initiatives in the Faculty and University.
Appointment Type: Continuing, full-time

Enquiries: Professor Paul Smith on +61 2 9850 8944 or e-mail pdsmith@maths.mq.edu.au

Package: From $108,046 pa, including (Level C) base salary from
$91,300 to $105,174 pa, plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual
leave loading.

Applications Close: 24 January 2010.

Macquarie University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a
commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage
applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability;
those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and
women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Please note that only those applications submitted via the Macquarie
University Online Recruitment System will be accepted.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-12-11  0:08 UTC | newest]