categories - Category Theory list
* Website move + Maths question
@ 2010-01-13 13:16 Townsend, Christopher
From: Townsend, Christopher @ 2010-01-13 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Website move

I am standing for the UK Parliament and since my domain name
(www.christophertownsend.org <http://www.christophertownsend.org/> )
contains my name it has been suggested that it is now re-directed to a
website that is being used to promote my candidature. I'd therefore like
to apologise to any Mathematician who is looking for some maths and
finds, instead, some politics! I will switch back after the General
Election which is expected to be May this year (June at the latest), so
this is only a temporary change.

If you would like a particular paper in the mean time, please feel free
to get in touch.

Maths Question

If T is the unit circle then what is the set the Abelian group
endomorphisms on T? I have convinced myself of all sorts of things about
it:

1.	it is a compact Hausdorff topological group
2.	it is a ring
3.	it is the free compact Hausdorff topological group (left adjoint
to the forgetful functor back to compact Hausdorff topological spaces)
on 1.

I think it might be T itself, but I'm not sure.

Thanks to everyone and regards,

Christopher

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-01-13 13:16 UTC | newest]