categories - Category Theory list
* PSA: Web pages relocating ...
@ 2010-03-01 23:58 Fred E.J. Linton
From: Fred E.J. Linton @ 2010-03-01 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

This is a P[ublic]S[ervice]A[nnouncement] caused by
the impending shut-down of all AT&T Worldnet e-mail
and Personal Web Page hosting.

Effective yesterday, all " home . att . net " web pages
I have any control over are now to be found at

http://tlvp.net/ .

For any prior URL of the form

[http://] home.att [.net/~tlvp/ * ] ,
[http://] home.att [.net/~misc.tlvp/ * ] ,
[http://] home.att [.net/~kojiki.tlvp/ * ] ,
[http://] home.att [.net/~matsuri/ * ] ,
[http://] home.att [.net/~fej.math.wes/ * ] , or
[http://] home.att [.net/~b.mikolajewska/ * ] ,

though it may still function successfully for a time,
to get the future-proofed version of it simply:

strike the  home.att  fragment shown, and
replace it with:  tlvp  .

As for any attnet (or Worldnet.attnet) email address
anyone may have for me, please scratch it, and use
instead the address I'm writing from now.

It's not clear just when in March (or April)
the WorldNet server decommissioning will be
complete, but I wouldn't wait until then to
effect the changes I suggest above :-) .

For discussion of the decommissioning itself, see

http://attdsl.lithium.com/t5/Email-Internet-and-Security/ct-p/Email_Internet_Security;jsessionid=FDE2163ECE72C5FEED085E5B4DDE6E5D

and/or

http://attdsl.lithium.com/t5/Internet/ATT-Worldnet-Services/td-p/2712/page/5;jsessionid=FDE2163ECE72C5FEED085E5B4DDE6E5D
,

inter alia, and NNTP NewsGroup discussions at alt.att
and alt.online-service.att-worldnet .

Cheers,

-- Fred Linton

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-03-01 23:58 UTC | newest]