categories - Category Theory list
* Profinite groupoids
@ 2011-03-07 10:13 Prof. Peter Johnstone
From: Prof. Peter Johnstone @ 2011-03-07 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've recently received an enquiry from a graduate student (below)
about whether the question "is every Stone topological groupoid
a profinite groupoid?" is still open. I've never considered the
question myself, and I don't recall seeing anything published on
the subject. Does anyone on this list know of a reference?

Peter Johnstone

From: Hans Halvorson @ 2011-03-07 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

This question is answered in the negative in Moerdijk and Vermeulen,
"Proper maps of toposes" (Remark 4.2, page 81).

Hans Halvorson