categories - Category Theory list
* Preprint: Algebraic theory of vector-valued integration
@ 2011-08-16  1:28 Rory Lucyshyn-Wright
From: Rory Lucyshyn-Wright @ 2011-08-16  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

A preprint of my paper "Algebraic theory of vector-valued integration" is
now available at

http://arxiv.org/abs/1108.2913

This paper subsumes the content of my talk of the same name at CT2011.
An abstract is included below.

Your comments are welcome.

Regards,
Rory Lucyshyn-Wright

Abstract:  We define a monad M on a category of measurable bornological
sets, and we show how this monad gives rise to a theory of vector-valued
integration that is related to the notion of Pettis integral.  We show
that an algebra X of this monad is a bornological locally convex vector
space endowed with operations which associate vectors \int f d\mu in X to
incoming maps f : T --> X and measures \mu on T.  We prove that a Banach
space is an M-algebra as soon as it has a Pettis integral for each
incoming bounded weakly-measurable function.  It follows that all
separable Banach spaces, and all reflexive Banach spaces, are M-algebras.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-08-16  1:28 UTC | newest]