categories - Category Theory list
* Preprint: Totally distributive categories and injective toposes
@ 2011-08-22  2:16 Rory Lucyshyn-Wright
From: Rory Lucyshyn-Wright @ 2011-08-22  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

A preprint of my paper "Totally distributive categories and injective
toposes" is now available at

http://arxiv.org/abs/1108.4032

This paper subsumes the content of talks that I gave in Halifax and
Schenectady.  An abstract is included below.

Your comments are welcome.

Regards,
Rory Lucyshyn-Wright

Abstract:  We establish a connection between the totally distributive
categories, studied by Marmolejo, Rosebrugh, and Wood, and the injective
and quasi-injective Grothendieck toposes, studied by Johnstone and Joyal.
We show that every quasi-injective topos is totally distributive and that
every injective topos is lex totally distributive.  As a partial converse,
we show that every lex totally distributive category with a small dense
generator is a quasi-injective topos.  In view of work of Johnstone-Joyal
relating injective and quasi-injective toposes to continuous categories,
our results provide partial analogues of the dual equivalence between
continuous dcpos and completely distributive lattices (Hoffmann, Lawson)
and its restriction to continuous lattices (Banaschewski).

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-08-22  2:16 UTC | newest]