categories - Category Theory list
* Erratum
@ 2011-09-20  8:25 Jonathan CHICHE 齊正航
From: Jonathan CHICHE 齊正航 @ 2011-09-20  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories list

Dear all,

On September 14th, I mentioned a result of Maltsiniotis stating that
the cube category with connections is a strict test category. I added
that Grothendieck conjectured in "Pursuing Stacks" that "an analog of
the Dold-Kan correspondence holds for every strict test category".
Stated this way, this is false, as Clemens Berger and Georges
Maltsiniotis pointed out. A counter-example is provided by any finite
product $\Delta \times \ldots \times \Delta$. (That is, a product of
the simplex category with itself.) The mistake is mine, of course:
the conjecture about the "Dold-Kan type relation" stated by
Grothendieck is weaker than that.

Sorry about that!

Jonathan

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-09-20  8:25 UTC | newest]