categories - Category Theory list
* Fibred toposes
@ 2012-12-18  6:28 David Roberts
From: David Roberts @ 2012-12-18  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories@mta.ca list

Dear all,

I'm thinking about fibred toposes, and I was wondering if there any
references people can suggest? The following are some pitifully vague
thoughts.

One particular problem I'm thinking about is whether there is a
generic fibred topos, which is the analogue of the generic discrete
fibration Set_* --> Set or the generic fibration 1 / Cat --> Cat.

Something like the 2-category Topos of bounded toposes and geometric
morphisms (and whatever 2-arrows are appropriate). The objects of this
are bounded geometric morphisms, arrows are 2-commutative squares.
Then take the 2-category over this where the objects are bounded
toposes E --> S with a point Set --> E, or possibly an S-point S -->
E, and arrows those geometric morphisms which preserve the point up to
natural transformation.

Ideally I'd then like to consider 2-functors T^op -->Topos to be
equivalent to (bounded) fibred toposes over T.

Best,

David Roberts