categories - Category Theory list
* Contacts towards funding category-theory demonstrations
@ 2013-04-04 11:19 Jocelyn Ireson-Paine
From: Jocelyn Ireson-Paine @ 2013-04-04 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories list

Does anyone on this list have philanthropic contacts who have funded maths
projects? For example people who have given money towards mathematics and
art or the public understanding of maths? I want to get funds towards my
Web-based category-theory demonstrator, the one at
http://www.j-paine.org/cgi-bin/webcats/webcats.php . This would be partly
to pay for my time in supporting it, which includes answering users'
questions about how it works and why their results are as they are, as
well as about categorical matters related to the results. I'd also like to
attach a discussion forum to the system, tidy up the source code and
publish it for others to use, and move it to a faster server. At the
moment, all such activities come out of my unpaid spare time.

I suppose I could approach people on the Sunday Times Rich List, though I
quail at the thought of explaining category theory to Roman Abramovich.
But a personal introduction to some generous maths-liking millionaire
would be better.

Jocelyn Ireson-Paine
http://www.j-paine.org
http://www.spreadsheet-parts.org
+44 (0)7768 534 091

Jocelyn's Cartoons:
http://www.j-paine.org/blog/jocelyns_cartoons/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-04-04 11:19 UTC | newest]