categories - Category Theory list
* a historical question
@ 2013-06-16  1:08 Valeria de Paiva
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Valeria de Paiva @ 2013-06-16  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Hi,
I know no one should pay too much attention to what Wikipedia says, but I
wonder if anyone can give me a proper reference for:
"Cartier was to give a Séminaire
Bourbaki<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A9minaire_Bourbaki>exposition
of intuitionistic logic."
This is in the Wikipedia entry for Categorical Logic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categorical_logic
and as anything that is in Wikipedia is repeated lots of  times, all over
the web.
Does anyone know what this sentence is referring to, please?
Thanks
Valeria

--
Valeria de Paiva
http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~vdp/

* Re: a historical question
@ 2013-06-17  7:32 ` Urs Schreiber
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Urs Schreiber @ 2013-06-17  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Valeria de Paiva; +Cc: categories

I suppose this is referring to

Pierre Cartier,
"Logique, catégories et faisceaux",
Séminaire Bourbaki, 20 (1977-1978), Exp. No. 513, 24 p.
http://www.numdam.org/item?id=SB_1977-1978__20__123_0

On 6/16/13, Valeria de Paiva <valeria.depaiva@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I know no one should pay too much attention to what Wikipedia says, but I
> wonder if anyone can give me a proper reference for:
> "Cartier was to give a Séminaire
> Bourbaki<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A9minaire_Bourbaki>exposition
> of intuitionistic logic."
> This is in the Wikipedia entry for Categorical Logic
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categorical_logic
> and as anything that is in Wikipedia is repeated lots of  times, all over
> the web.
> Does anyone know what this sentence is referring to, please?
> Thanks
> Valeria
>
> --
> Valeria de Paiva
> http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~vdp/
> http://valeriadepaiva.org/
>

> [For admin and other information see: http://www.mta.ca/~cat-dist/ ]

* Re: a historical question
@ 2013-06-17  7:43 ` Jean Bénabou
       [not found] ` <CA+Kbugf5odrKdAUW8L46=QE8OyDe9wTuWu=UJ-9qLQLokrvurA@mail.gmail.com>
From: Jean Bénabou @ 2013-06-17  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Valeria de Paiva; +Cc: Categories

The only talk related to the subject that Cartier gave at Bourbaki (not a very good one if I may say so since I was present) was about Lawvere- Tierney's  elementary toposes with a brief mention of the fact that they had something to do with intuitionist logic.

@ 2013-06-17 13:18   ` Valeria de Paiva
From: Valeria de Paiva @ 2013-06-17 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Urs Schreiber; +Cc: categories

Thank you Prof Benabou for the personal evidence and thank you Urs
Schreiber and Thomas Streicher for the document!!! Really glad to see that
the Seminaire Bourbaki is online and surprised that I couldn't find it
yesterday.
best,
Valeria

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 12:32 AM, Urs Schreiber <
urs.schreiber@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I suppose this is referring to
>
> Pierre Cartier,
> "Logique, catégories et faisceaux",
> Séminaire Bourbaki, 20 (1977-1978), Exp. No. 513, 24 p.
> http://www.numdam.org/item?id=SB_1977-1978__20__123_0

* Re: a historical question
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
       [not found] ` <CA+Kbugf5odrKdAUW8L46=QE8OyDe9wTuWu=UJ-9qLQLokrvurA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2013-06-17 13:55 ` Eduardo J. Dubuc
From: Eduardo J. Dubuc @ 2013-06-17 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Valeria de Paiva; +Cc: categories

On 15/06/13 22:08, Valeria de Paiva wrote:
> Hi,
> I know no one should pay too much attention to what Wikipedia says, but I
> wonder if anyone can give me a proper reference for:
> "Cartier was to give a S?minaire
> Bourbaki<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A9minaire_Bourbaki>exposition
> of intuitionistic logic."
> This is in the Wikipedia entry for Categorical Logic
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categorical_logic
> and as anything that is in Wikipedia is repeated lots of  times, all over
> the web.
> Does anyone know what this sentence is referring to, please?
> Thanks
> Valeria

There is a Cartier's exposition on the work of Lawvere.

e.d.

* Re: a historical question
@ 2013-06-17 21:40 Tierney, Myles
From: Tierney, Myles @ 2013-06-17 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)