categories - Category Theory list
* Categories and functors
@ 2013-07-12 16:02 Peter May
From: Peter May @ 2013-07-12 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Yes, of course primarily categories.  But my recollection is also functor.
Here is an example from the web.   It is funny that the reference to Kant
is to the French usage: Saunders and I talked about the parallel use
of terminology derived from Kant in the phenomenological school of
literary criticism, as was then (1960's) fashionable.   (My wife's PhD is
in French literature, and some of our friends of yore were steeped in
that tradition and language).

/Funktor/ tam-ifadesi: Functor full-expression; /Funktor/ Vollaudsdruck
(Carnap); expres- sion-entiere de fonctenr. *...* G?r?-kal?plar?? Forma
of sensuous iutuition; reine Formen der sinnlichen Anschauung; formes de
l'intuition sensible (/Kant/). G?>terge-a?zciikleri? Indicator /words/
(Goodman); Indikatorenw?rter; mots-indicateurs.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-07-12 16:02 UTC | newest]