categories - Category Theory list
* positions at University of Hawaii
@ 2014-04-07  1:49 dusko pavlovic
From: dusko pavlovic @ 2014-04-07  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Hi Categorists,

I recently moved to University of Hawaii at Manoa, and we have several openings for categorically minded postdocs, PhD students, and possibly for visiting researchers. The positions are within the NSF and AFOSR funded projects, which are broadly based on the past work in:

** categorically based data analysis and concept mining:
http://arxiv.org/abs/1204.5802
http://arxiv.org/abs/1303.6428
http://arxiv.org/abs/0802.1306

** graphic languages for computability, complexity and cryptography
http://arxiv.org/abs/1208.5205
http://arxiv.org/abs/1402.5687
http://arxiv.org/abs/1401.6488

** categorical view of security protocols and procedures
http://arxiv.org/abs/1203.6324
http://arxiv.org/abs/1106.0706 (challenge: spot bifibrations lurking in the background)

please let me know if you might be interested to work in any of these areas.

The positions are at the Deparment of Information and Computer Sciences of University of Hawaii at Manoa, which is the largest node of the UH network, with a beautiful campus in the hills above Waikiki, minutes from downtown Honolulu.

all the best,
-- dusko

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-04-07  1:49 UTC | newest]