categories - Category Theory list
* "Weakly closed" monoidal bicategories?
@ 2014-05-02 15:40 Mike Stay
From: Mike Stay @ 2014-05-02 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

In a closed symmetric monoidal bicategory, the categories
    Hom(A tensor B, C)
and
    Hom(A, hom(B, C))
are equivalent.  It occurred to me that one could weaken this
equivalence to a mere adjunction.  Looking for references, I found
Lars Birkedal's thesis where he considers "weakly closed partial
cartesian" bicategories.

Are there other references I should be aware of?  Thanks!
--
Mike Stay - metaweta@gmail.com
http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~mike

* Re: "Weakly closed" monoidal bicategories?
@ 2014-05-03  0:36 ` Richard Garner
From: Richard Garner @ 2014-05-03  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Stay, categories

Dear Mike,

This paper of Vincent Schmitt involves such a structure on the
2-category of symmetric monoidal categories. I don't think the abstract
structure of which this is an instance is made explicit though.

http://arxiv.org/abs/0711.0324

Richard