categories - Category Theory list
* Helmut Roehrl
@ 2014-06-29 10:07 Bodo Pareigis
From: Bodo Pareigis @ 2014-06-29 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

I am sorry to inform you that after long illness Helmut Roehrl of UCSD
died on January 30, 2014.
An obituary (in German) can be found in mathe-lmu.de under Zeitschrift,
Download-Archiv, Nr. 29.

Bodo Pareigis

* Re: Helmut Roehrl
@ 2014-06-30  7:53 Fred E.J. Linton
From: Fred E.J. Linton @ 2014-06-30  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bodo Pareigis, categories

I have known Helmut Röhrl one way or another since the original 1965 La  Jolla
Conference on Categorical Algebra, which is to say, for nearly 50 years, or
just under 2/3 of my life. That's a long time in which to get used to a
person's being there, which makes his loss now all the harder to accept. All
the more saddening is the long illness preceding his demise: Mother Nature
could have been kinder. Thank you, Bodo, for passing along this sad news.
Helmut will be sorely missed.

-- Fred Linton

---