categories - Category Theory list
From: Tadeusz Litak <tadeusz.litak@gmail.com>
To: "Oosten, J. van" <j.vanoosten@uu.nl>,
	Michael Shulman <shulman@sandiego.edu>
Cc: categories <categories@mta.ca>, Stefan Milius <stefan.milius@fau.de>
Subject: Re: functors defined by well-founded induction
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 14:37:59 +0200	[thread overview]

Dear Jaap (and Mike),

sorry for reacting so late to this, we sort of overlooked the discussion...

I'm curious if Jaap's suggestion is a folklore thing and/or whether one can find it in the literature. As it happens,
in a recent work with Stefan Milius we did something very similar defining a "delay" endofunctor on generalized
presheaves over well-founded posets. By "generalized presheaves" I mean presheaves which are not necessarily set-valued,
but can have arbitrary (small) complete category as codomain.

The publicly available version so far is our FiCS 2013 workshop paper:

http://arxiv.org/abs/1309.0895v1

The construction in question is Example 2.4(5).

However, it does not contain too many details. We also have a journal version submitted a few months ago with full
development. As category mailing list does not allow attachments, I'll send it to you separately.

If there are any references we are missing, please let us know (any other comments also very much welcome, of course!)

Regards,
t.