categories - Category Theory list
* Request for a reference
@ 2014-11-12 18:46 Garraway, Dale
From: Garraway, Dale @ 2014-11-12 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Hi All

Could some one please send me a reference of the fact that the category of
presheaves on a Heyting algebra $H$ is equivalent to the category of
sheaves on the Heyting algebra of down closed subsets of $H$.  I believe
this is true in general for any partial order so a reference to either
would be greatly appreciated.

Dale Garraway
Dept. of Math,
Eastern Washington
dgarraway@ewu.edu

* Re:  Request for a reference
@ 2014-11-13 21:07 ` Paul B Levy
From: Paul B Levy @ 2014-11-13 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Garraway, Dale; +Cc: categories

Dear Dale,

I don't know if it appeared anywhere earlier, but the result for an
arbitrary poset is Proposition 8.4 in Birkedal, Mogelberg, Schwinghammer
and Stovring's paper "First steps in synthetic domain theory:
step-indexing in the topos of trees".

http://www.cs.au.dk/~birke/papers/sgdt-journal.pdf

Paul

--
Paul Blain Levy
School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham