categories - Category Theory list
* Nominations for John C Reynolds Distinguished Dissertation Award
@ 2014-12-16 11:10 Jeremy Gibbons
From: Jeremy Gibbons @ 2014-12-16 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

(On behalf of Sue Eisenbach, to whom queries should be addressed. Nomination deadline is 4th Jan. My apologies for the short notice. -jg)

    *

Dear all,

If you have a student who has completed an outstanding programming language PhD thesis in the academic year 2014, can I recommend that the student be proposed for consideration for SIGPLAN’s best PhD award, the John C Reynolds Doctoral Dissertation Award?

   http://www.sigplan.org/Awards/Dissertation/

As a chair of a hiring committee, I know that winning such prizes, and even being nominated for such prizes, makes the potential candidate stand out.

Best wishes,
Susan
--
Professor Susan Eisenbach
Head, Department of Computing

Phone:+44-20 7594 8264
Fax:  +44-20 7594 8282
Web:  http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~susan
Email: mailto:s.eisenbach@imperial.ac.uk

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-12-16 11:10 UTC | newest]