categories - Category Theory list
From: "Fred E.J. Linton" <fejlinton@usa.net>
To: wlawvere <wlawvere@buffalo.edu>, "categories" <categories@mta.ca>
Subject: Re: Our friend Bob Walters
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 20:35:42 -0500	[thread overview]

Sad news yet again.

Only a year and a half ago, late in June of 2013, we were mourning
Aurelio Carboni, at a Conference in his memory organized in Milano
by none other than his friend and colleague Bob Walters. And now,
far sooner than any of us would have wished, time has culled Bob
himself from our earthly stage.

In Milano on June 26, 2013, at that Carboni memorial conference, I
snagged a few pictures of Bob -- and of Lawvere père et fils -- using,
alas, just a simple cell phone camera. May I offer them as tribute to
Bob's memory? --

: http://tlvp.net/~fej.math.wes/Milano-2013/index.htm .

And may I offer as well the URL of Bob's Insubria vita page:

: http://www.uninsubria.eu/research/dsat/cv_Walters.htm .

Sadly, -- Fred Linton

[PS: I'll gladly correct any infelicity in the posted date
31.01.2015 if it's called to my attention. Thanks. -- FEJ]
---