categories - Category Theory list
* Preprint: Limits in multiple categories
@ 2015-02-26  8:29 Marco Grandis
From: Marco Grandis @ 2015-02-26  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

There is now a second preprint in our series on multiple categories:

M. Grandis - R. Paré
Limits in multiple categories (On weak and lax multiple categories, II)
Pubbl. Mat. Univ. Genova, Preprint 605 (2015).
http://www.dima.unige.it/~grandis/Mlc2.pdf

Abstract. Continuing our first paper in this series, we study
multiple limits in infinite-dimensional multiple categories. The
general setting is chiral multiple categories - a weak, partially lax
form with directed interchanges.
After defining multiple limits we prove that all of them can be
constructed from (multiple) products, equalisers and tabulators - all
of them assumed to be respected by faces and degeneracies. Tabulators
appear thus to be the basic higher limits, as was already the case
for double categories.
Intercategories, a laxer form of multiple category already studied in
two previous papers, are also considered. In this more general
setting the basic multiple limits mentioned above can still be
defined, but their general theory is not developed here.

The first paper of the series is:
M. Grandis - R. Paré
An introduction to multiple categories (On weak and lax multiple
categories, I)
Pubbl. Mat. Univ. Genova, Preprint 604 (2015).
http://www.dima.unige.it/~grandis/Mlc1.pdf

Marco Grandis and Bob Paré

 	.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-02-26  8:29 UTC | newest]