categories - Category Theory list
* coequalizers in the category of algebras for the double powerset triple
@ 2015-03-26 12:45 Michael Barr
From: Michael Barr @ 2015-03-26 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Recently there was a question as to whether these coequalizers exist.
Unless I have misunderstood the question, the affirmative answer is given
in the example in the middle of p.72 of Linton's paper in TAC reprint #18.

Michael

* Re: coequalizers in the category of algebras for the double powerset triple
@ 2015-03-27 16:30 Fred E.J. Linton
From: Fred E.J. Linton @ 2015-03-27 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

If I had thought Richard's monad was on the category of sets,
I'd have answered the same way:

#18.

But Richard writes of his monad as being "on the category of locales",
and there I'm not so sure ... .

Cheers, -- Fred