categories - Category Theory list
From: "Joyal, André" <joyal.andre@uqam.ca>
To: Richard Garner <richard.garner@mq.edu.au>,
	Categories list	<categories@mta.ca>
Subject: RE: Tensor product of left exact morphisms
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 15:00:05 +0000	[thread overview]

Dear Richard,

You are almost right. Except that the notion of non-transitive torsor
should be made explicit. I would say that a right G-set E
is a *non-transitive torsor* if the action of G on E is free.
Equivalently, if E is a G-torsor over E/G.
With this notion, the  classifying topos for right free G-action
is the topos of *covariant* set valued functors on
the category of finitely generated free G^op-sets.

A non-transitive G-torsor E can be viewed as a family
of G-torsors indexed by E/G. In general, if a topos $mathcal{E}$
classifies the models of a geometric theory T, there is
another topos $mathcal{E}$ which classifies variable families
of models of T: it is the *bagdomain* of $mathcal{E}$
introduced by Johnstone. See the Elephant vol. I Proposition 4.4.16.

Best regards,
André