categories - Category Theory list
From: henry@phare.normalesup.org
To: "Richard Garner" <richard.garner@mq.edu.au>
Cc: "Categories list" <categories@mta.ca>
Subject: Re: Tensor product of left exact morphisms
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 14:08:18 +0100	[thread overview]

Dear Richard,

If I'm not mistaken, the distinction between inhabited and non-inhabited
torsors does not change much : your initial answer is correct.

To connect with Andr?'s answer, inhabited free G-sets are inhabited
collection of G-torsors, his construction produces a topos over [set,Set]
(the classyfing topos for object, i.e. the bagdomain construction for the
topos of sets) while what you want is a topos over [set+,Set] where set
denote the category of finite set and set+ the category of inhabited
finite set.
But this corresponds to the functor from finitely generated free right
$G$-Set to set which send an object to its (finite) set of orbits. Because
it is a fibration it is easy to construct the pullback along the geometric
morphism from [set+,Set] to [set,Set] corresponding to the inclusion of
set+ in set : it will give the topos of inhabited free finitely generated
G-set as you first found (the weak pullback of category).

Also, as you are probably aware, once you know that the classyfing topos
you want to construct is a topos of presheaf over a category C, it is a
general fact that C can be taken to be the opposite of the category of
finitely presented model of your theory, hence finitely generated free
inhabited G-set, and what you said for the case of groupoids.

Best wishes,
Simon Henry