categories - Category Theory list
* Octoberfest
@ 2015-07-19 20:44 Richard Blute
From: Richard Blute @ 2015-07-19 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

            2015 Category Theory "Octoberfest" Workshop
                 University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
                          October 31-November 1, 2015

                       FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT

                                 * * *

   The Category Theory "Octoberfest" is an (almost) annual workshop, traditionally
   held in October, bringing together researchers in category theory and
   its applications.

   This year's meeting will be hosted in the Department of Mathematics
   and Statistics at the University of Ottawa

   The scientific program starts on October 31, and consists of one
   and a half days of research talks.

Research talks

   If you wish to give a talk please send a title and abstract to
    rblute@uottawa.ca by October 1. Time slots are limited, so
   please register early if you would like to be considered for a talk.

Accommodations

We are currently making arrangements for special rates at area hotels. Details in
Second Announcement.

Registration

   If you would like to attend the meeting, please register by emailing
rblute@uottawa.ca. There will be a reasonable on-site
   registration fee to cover workshop costs.

We would appreciate it if you would let us know soon if you are probably going to attend.

   Rick Blute: rblute@uottawa.ca
   Pieter Hofstra: phofstra@uottawa.ca

* Octoberfest
@ 2012-10-22 22:03 Michael Barr
From: Michael Barr @ 2012-10-22 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories list

Robert asked me to circulate his original site:
http://www.math.mcgill.ca/triples/octoberfest12.html
which now contains a pointer to my ftp site.  Let me just confirm that the
registration fee for the meeting is $20 for non-students (gratis for
students).  And if you are a student, don't forget to ask for and fill out
a request for reimbursement.  As I explained, I will be dividing the money
we have on some basis to be determined.

Michael

--
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in
moral philosophy--the search for a superior moral justification

* Octoberfest
@ 2012-10-19 13:32 Michael Barr
From: Michael Barr @ 2012-10-19 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories list

Owing to health problems, Robert Seely is no longer in condition to be the
main organizers.  Please send all further communications to me.  I do have
the files of all previous correspondence.

Please would any who wish to speak tell me ASAP (unless you have already
told Robert).  Also it would be helpful if I could get a count of the
probable attendance.  However, as usual, you are welcome to just show up.

Michael

--

@ 2008-09-03 21:57 Michael Barr
From: Michael Barr @ 2008-09-03 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories list

We have received a bit of money from Concordia Univeristy towards the
Octoberfest and have decided that we would like to help out graduate students
who wish to attend.  So any grad student who is planning to attend and would
like support should write to Robert Seely (rags@math.mcgill.ca) by Sept 15 at
the latest and make a request.  We may or may not be able to help with travel
expenses, but we should be able to pay for local hotel bills, although
everything depends on how many applicants.  Participants will have to
submit original bills to be reimbursed.  Sorry, but it will be impossible
to provide money beforehand.

As usual, people wishing to talk should let us know ASAP.  Since we are trying
to arrange a lunch on Saturday, we would also appreciate knowing who is
planning to come.  Again ASAP.

Michael