categories - Category Theory list
* Decision-making and Category theory
@ 2015-10-05  3:31 Venkata Rayudu Posina
From: Venkata Rayudu Posina @ 2015-10-05  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear All,

Would you be kind enough to point me to literature (papers / books) on
the applications of category theory to decision-making problems.

Thanking you,
Yours truly,
posina

* Re: Decision-making and Category theory
@ 2015-10-06 10:13 ` Andree EHRESMANN
From: Andree EHRESMANN @ 2015-10-06 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Venkata Rayudu Posina, categories

The methotodology of the Memory Evolutive Systems (developed with Jean-Paul Vanbremeersch), proposes a categorical model for multi-level, multi-agent, self-organized sytems, such as living cognitive systems.
In particular it studies decision making problems, both at the local level of a specific 'co-regulator' agent, and at the 'global' level of the interplay between the different co-regulators.
Cf. our book : "Memory Evolutive Systems: hierarchy, emergence, cognition" (Elsevier 2007) and more recent papers on my site
                               http://ehres.pagesperso-orange.fr

Andree Ehresmann