categories - Category Theory list
* research positions
@ 2015-12-06  8:34 Jiří Rosický
From: Jiří Rosický @ 2015-12-06  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

The Eduard Cech center had been established in 2005 and, since 2012, it continues as the national
research center focusing its attention to interactions between algebra, geometry, and mathematical
physics. The participating institutions are Faculty of Science of Masaryk University in Brno,
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics of the Charles University in Prague, Institute of Physics
of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic and the Mathematics Institute of the Silesian
University in Opava (see http://eci.sci.muni.cz).

The Center invites applications for several research positions commencing during the academic year
2016/2017 at the date depending on mutual agreement. The positions are initially for one year
with a possibility of extension. The candidates must be recent PhD's and should submit a letter
of application accompanied by a CV, list of publications and an outline of their research project
to Professor Jiri Rosicky (rosicky@math.muni.cz) not later than

                                        February 29, 2016.

They should also arrange for at least 2 letters of recommendation (one can be from a Czech
mathematician) to be mailed directly to rosicky@math.muni.cz before February 29, 2016.
The successful applicants will be notified as soon as possible but not later than April 30, 2016.

* Research positions
@ 2022-01-04 11:27 Maria Manuel Clementino
From: Maria Manuel Clementino @ 2022-01-04 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Our national Foundation for Science and Technology
https://www.fct.pt/index.phtml.en accepts applications for research
positions (of at most 6 years).

The Regulations can be found at
https://www.fct.pt/apoios/contratacaodoutorados/empregocientifico/ceec_ind_5.phtml.en

In order to apply the candidate needs the support of a Portuguese
research centre.

For further information, please send a message to Jorge Picado
picado@mat.uc.pt or to me.

Regards,
Maria Manuel Clementino

* Research positions
@ 2020-02-01 15:33 Maria Manuel Clementino
From: Maria Manuel Clementino @ 2020-02-01 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Our national Foundation for Science and Technology
https://www.fct.pt/index.phtml.en accepts applications for research
positions (of at most 6 years).

The Regulations can be found at
https://www.fct.pt/apoios/contratacaodoutorados/empregocientifico/ceec_ind_3.phtml.pt
[in Portuguese].

@ 2016-12-03 15:31 Jiri Rosicky
From: Jiri Rosicky @ 2016-12-03 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

The Eduard Cech center had been established in 2005 and, since 2012, it
continues as the national research center focusing its attention to
interactions between algebra, geometry, and mathematical physics. The
participating institutions are Faculty of Science of Masaryk University in
Brno, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics of the Charles University in
Prague, Institute of Physics of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech
Republic and the Mathematics Institute of the Silesian University in Opava
(see http://eci.sci.muni.cz).

The Center invites applications for several research positions commencing
during the academic year 2017/2018 at the date depending on mutual
agreement. The positions are initially for one year with a possibility of
extension. The candidates must be recent PhD's and should submit a letter
of application accompanied by a CV, list of publications and an outline of
their research project to Professor Jiri Rosicky (rosicky@math.muni.cz)
not later than

                                        February 28, 2017.

They should also arrange for at least 2 letters of recommendation (one can
be from a Czech mathematician) to be mailed directly to
rosicky@math.muni.cz before February 29, 2017. The successful applicants
will be notified as soon as possible but not later than April 30, 2017.

* research positions
@ 2014-12-13  9:02 Jiří Rosický
From: Jiří Rosický @ 2014-12-13  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

The Eduard Cech center had been established in 2005 and, since 2012, it  continues as the national
research center focusing its attention to interactions between algebra, geometry, and mathematical
physics. The participating institutions are Faculty of Science of Masaryk University in Brno,
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics of the Charles University in Prague, Institute of Physics
of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic and the Mathematics Institute of the Silesian
University in Opava (see http://eci.sci.muni.cz).

The Center invites applications for several research positions commencing during the academic year
2015/2016 at the date depending on mutual agreement. The positions are initially for one year
with a possibility of extension. The candidates must be recent PhD's and should submit a letter
of application accompanied by a CV, list of publications and an outline of their research project
to Professor Jiri Rosicky (rosicky@math.muni.cz) not later than

                                        March 15, 2015.

They should also arrange for at least 2 letters of recommendation (one can be from a Czech
mathematician) to be mailed directly to rosicky@math.muni.cz before March 15, 2015. The successful
applicants will be notified as soon as possible but not later than April 30, 2015.

* Re: research positions
       [not found] <20131202125720.GA16656@queen.math.muni.cz>
@ 2014-02-24 11:44 ` Jiri Rosicky
From: Jiri Rosicky @ 2014-02-24 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Since the announcement was sent quite in advance, I am
reminding it.
Jiri Rosicky

On Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 01:57:20PM +0100, Jiri Rosicky wrote:
> Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 13:57:20 +0100
> From: Jiri Rosicky <rosicky>
> To: categories@mta.ca
> Subject: research positions
>
> The Eduard Cech center had been established in 2005 and, since 2012,
> it continues as the national research center focusing its attention
> to interactions between algebra, geometry, and mathematical physics.
> The participating institutions are Faculty of Science of Masaryk University
> in Brno, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics of the Charles University
> in Prague, Institute of Physics of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech
> Republic and the Mathematics Institute of the Silesian University in Opava
> (see http://eci.sci.muni.cz).
>
> The Center invites applications for several research positions commencing
> during the academic year 2014/2015 at the date depending on mutual agreement.
> The positions are initially for one year with a possibility of extension.
> The candidates must be recent PhD's and should submit a letter of application
> accompanied by a CV, list of publications and an outline of their research
> project to Professor Jiri Rosicky (rosicky@math.muni.cz) not later than
>
>                                March 15, 2014.
>
> They should also arrange for at least 2 letters of recommendation (one can
> be from a Czech mathematician) to be mailed directly to rosicky@math.muni.cz
> before March 15, 2014. The successful applicants will be notified as soon
> as possible but not later than April 30, 2014.

* research positions
@ 2013-12-02 12:57 Jiri Rosicky
From: Jiri Rosicky @ 2013-12-02 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

@ 2010-06-17 18:58 Jiri Rosicky
From: Jiri Rosicky @ 2010-06-17 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Eduard Cech centre had been established in 2005 as the national research
centre focusing its attention to interactions between algebra, geometry, and
logic (and their applications in cryptology, computer science, etc.). It
is jointly operated by mathematicians from Masaryk University in Brno,
Charles University in Prague and Academy of Sciences of the Czech
Republic, with offices both in Brno and Prague.

The Centre invites applications for several research positions commencing
during the year 2011 at the date depending on mutual agreement. The positions
are for at most one year. The candidates must be recent PhD's that obtained
their degree not earlier than 2 years before the beginning of their contract
with the Eduard Cech Centre.

Candidates should submit a letter of application accompanied by a CV,
list of publications and an outline of their research project to
Professor Jan Slovak (slovak@muni.cz) not later than July 31, 2010.
They should also arrange for at least 2 letters of recommendation (at most
one can be from a Czech mathematician) to be mailed directly to
slovak@muni.cz before July 31, 2010. The successful applicants will
be notified as soon as possible but not later than August 31, 2010.

Further information about the Eduard Cech Centre can be found at
http://ecc.sci.muni.cz

* research positions
@ 2009-06-22 11:17 Jiri Rosicky
From: Jiri Rosicky @ 2009-06-22 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Eduard Cech center had been established in 2005 as the national research
center focusing its attention to interactions between algebra, geometry, and
logic (and their applications in cryptology, computer science, etc.). It
is jointly operated by mathematicians from Masaryk University in Brno,
Charles University in Prague and Academy of Sciences of the Czech
Republic, with offices both in Brno and Prague.

The Center invites applications for several research positions
for the year 2010 commencing at the date depending on mutual agreement.
The candidates must be recent PhD's that obtained their degree not earlier
than 2 years before submitting this application.

Candidates should submit a letter of application accompanied by a CV,
list of publications and an outline of their research project to
Professor Jan Slovak (slovak@muni.cz) not later than August 10, 2009.
They should also arrange for at least 2 letters of recommendation (one can
be from a Czech mathematician) to be mailed directly to slovak@muni.cz
before August 20, 2009. The successful applicants will be notified as soon
as possible, we hope the decision will be taken by September 20, 2009.

Further information about the Eduard Cech Center can be found at
http://ecc.sci.muni.cz

* Research positions
@ 2008-09-04  7:45 Maria Manuel Clementino
From: Maria Manuel Clementino @ 2008-09-04  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

5-YEAR RESEARCH POSITIONS

The Centre for Mathematics of the University of Coimbra (CMUC) invites
applications for five 5-year research positions in all areas of Mathematics.

Applicants should have a PhD in Mathematics and at least three years of
post-doctoral experience, with an international-level publication record
and demonstrated ability to perform independent research. Preference
will be given to candidates working in one of the areas in which the
members of CMUC are currently active. A very good command of English is
required.

The appointments will be made for three years, renewable for two more.
Successful applicants are expected to develop research within the areas
of interest of CMUC. They should also contribute to graduate studies,
supervising students from the Department of Mathematics.

The basic salary is equivalent to the index 195 of the Portuguese
research career (in the order of 42 500 euros a year), in accordance
with the Ciência 2008 guidelines
http://alfa.fct.mctes.pt/apoios/contratacaodoutorados/edital2008

Benefits include private health insurance and social security.

Applicants should send
• cover sheet (available from www.mat.uc.pt/\x18cmuc/coversheet.pdf),
including names and contact information of three persons who can provide
a letter of recommendation
• curriculum vitae (publication list included)
• a 5-year research proposal (2 pages max), emphasizing their own
research goals as pdf files to cmuc@mat.uc.pt. The subject of the e-mail
message must include the job reference C2008 FCTUC CMUC v15-v19.

The deadline for applications is *September 10, 2008.*
------------------------------

More information can be found at www.mat.uc.pt

* research positions
@ 2008-06-18 10:55 Jiri Rosicky
From: Jiri Rosicky @ 2008-06-18 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cat-dist

Eduard Cech center had been established in 2005 as the national research
center focusing its attention to interactions between algebra, geometry, and
logic (and their applications in cryptology, computer science, etc.). It
is jointly operated by mathematicians from Masaryk University in Brno,
Charles University in Prague and Academy of Sciences of the Czech
Republic, with offices both in Brno and Prague.

The Center invites applications for several research positions for the year
2009, commencing at the date depending on mutual agreement. The candidates
must be recent PhD's that obtained their degree not earlier than 2 years
before the beginning of their contract with the Eduard Cech Center.

Candidates should submit a letter of application accompanied by a CV,
list of publications and an outline of their research project to
Professor Jan Slovak (slovak@muni.cz) not later than August 10, 2008.
They should also arrange for at least 2 letters of recommendation
(at most one can be from a Czech mathematician) to be mailed directly
to slovak@muni.cz before August 10, 2008. The successful applicants
will be notified as soon as possible but not later than September 20,
2008.

@ 2007-12-06 12:02 Jiri Rosicky
From: Jiri Rosicky @ 2007-12-06 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Eduard Cech center had been established in 2005 as the national research
center focusing its attention to interactions between algebra, geometry, and
logic (and their applications in cryptology, computer science, etc.). It
is jointly operated by mathematicians from Masaryk University in Brno,
Charles University in Prague and Academy of Sciences of the Czech
Republic, with offices both in Brno and Prague.

The Center invites applications for several research positions commencing
during the year 2008 at the date depending on mutual agreement. The positions
are initially for one year with a possibility of extension at most until
the end of the year 2009. The candidates must be recent PhD's that obtained
their degree not earlier than 2 years before the beginning of their contract
with the Eduard Cech Center.

Professor Jan Slovak (slovak@muni.cz) not later than January 20, 2008.
They should also arrange for at least 2 letters of recommendation (one can
be from a Czech mathematician) to be mailed directly to slovak@muni.cz
before January 20, 2008. The successful applicants will be notified as soon
as possible but not later than March 15, 2008.

@ 2006-12-08 14:03 Jiri Rosicky
From: Jiri Rosicky @ 2006-12-08 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Eduard Cech center had been established in 2005 as the national research
center focusing its attention to interactions between algebra, geometry, and
logic (and their applications in cryptology, computer science, etc.). It
is jointly operated by mathematicians from Masaryk University in Brno,
Charles University in Prague and Academy of Sciences of the Czech
Republic, with offices both in Brno and Prague.

The Center invites applications for several research positions commencing
during the year 2007 at the date depending on mutual agreement. The positions
are initially for one year with a possibility of extension for another year.
The candidates must be recent PhD's that obtained their degree not
earlier than 2 years before the beginning of their contract with the
Eduard Cech Center.

Professor Jan Slovak (slovak@muni.cz) not later than January 31, 2007.
They should also arrange for at least 2 letters of recommendation (one can
be from a Czech mathematician) to be mailed directly to slovak@muni.cz
before January 31, 2007. The successful applicants will be notified as soon
as possible but not later than March 15, 2007.

@ 2006-01-18 13:52 Jiri Rosicky
From: Jiri Rosicky @ 2006-01-18 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Eduard Cech center had been established in 2005 as the national research
center focusing its attention to interactions between algebra, geometry, and
logic (and their applications in cryptology, computer science, etc.). It
is jointly operated by mathematicians from Masaryk University in Brno,
Charles University in Prague and Academy of Sciences of the Czech
Republic, with offices both in Brno and Prague.

The Center invites applications for several research positions commencing
during the year 2006 at the date depending on mutual agreement. The positions

Professor Jan Slovak (slovak@muni.cz) not later than March 15, 2006.
They should also arrange for at least 2 letters of recommendation (one can
be from a Czech mathematician) to be mailed directly to slovak@muni.cz
before March 15, 2006. The successful applicants will be notified as soon
as possible but not later than April 15, 2006.

@ 1999-04-23 11:52 Matthew Hennessy
From: Matthew Hennessy @ 1999-04-23 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

          My apologies if you receive this more than once!

                       UNIVERSITY OF SUSSEX

            RESEARCH FELLOWS IN THE FOUNDATIONS OF COMPUTING

Two Research Fellows are required for a 2-year project entitled ``The
Semantic Foundations of Mobile Computation'', under the direction of
Prof. M. Hennessy and funded by the EPSRC.

The project objectives include

- the development of abstract foundational calculi for mobile
systems in which the concepts of location, mobility, failure
and security play an central role

- the elaboration of behavioural equivalences for these calculi,
and their associated  algebraic theories

- the construction of proof systems and methodologies for
establishing properties of mobile systems.

The project will start on 1/10/99 and salary will be related to the
academic 1A scale. A Ph.D. in Computer Science or Mathematics or
equivalent experience is required. In addition to normal research
duties the successful candidate will be expected to provide some
assistance to undergraduate teaching.

To apply please submit applications to

Matthew Hennessy
School of COGS
University of Sussex
Falmer
Brighton BN1 9QH
UK

Tel: +44 01273 678101
email: matthewh@cogs.sussex.ac.uk

from whom more details of the project and the conditions of service
are available.

Applications should include
    - a detailed curriculum vitae,
    - names of three referees with their email addresses,
    - a statement  outlining the candidates proposed contribution
      to the goals of the project,
    - copies (or URL references) of any relevant publications.