categories - Category Theory list
* Call for abstracts for the NASSLLI workshop on Statistical and Logical Mode= ls of Meaning (SaLMoM)
@ 2016-02-10 20:16 Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh
From: Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh @ 2016-02-10 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Call for abstracts for the NASSLLI workshop on Statistical and Logical Mode=
ls of Meaning (SaLMoM)

Date and Location:

July 11-15 2016, Rutgers University, New Jersey, US.

We invite submissions in the form of 2-page abstracts on topics relating st=
atistical and logical models of natural language. This can be a summary of =
an already published paper or a new contribution.

On the statistical side, we welcome, for example, submissions on distributi=
onal and probabilistic semantics and vector space models of meaning. In thi=
s relation we encourage work that goes beyond subject-verb-object construct=
ions and addresses logical and functional words such as coordinators, quant=
ifiers, and prepositions.

On the logical side, we invite work on type-logical approaches such as mult=
imodal extensions of categorial grammars in the logical and

combinatorial traditions; calculi of discontinuity combining Concatenation =
and wrapping operations; hybrid type-logical grammars mixing Directional an=
d non-directional modes; and continuation-based semantic approaches.

Submissions will be evaluated as to their potential for establishing meanin=
gful links between the logical and statistical approaches.

For more information see: https://sites.google.com/site/statlogmeaning/

Deadline: April 1st 2016.

Submission webpage: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=salmom2016

Invited Speakers:

*****************

Gemma Boleda, Center for Mind/Brain Sciences, University of Trento

Richard Moot, Laboratoire Bordelais de Recherche en Informatique, Universit=
y of Bordeaux

Mark Steedman, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh

Organizers:

Michael Moortgat, Utrecht Institute of Linguistics

Glyn Morrill, Universitat Polit=E8cnica de Catalunya

Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Queen Mary University of London

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-02-10 20:16 UTC | newest]