categories - Category Theory list
* Ronald Brown's web site
@ 2016-06-06 20:45 RONALD BROWN
From: RONALD BROWN @ 2016-06-06 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

My revised  web site
www.groupoids.org.uk
was released a little prematurely due the old one threatened with removal by Bangor University  and there was a lot that did not work. I hope people will find it much better now, thought there are still
details being improved.
I have also been able to incorporate the old www.pop,maths.org.uk web site which is now available as
www.groupoids.org.uk/popmath/cpm/centre/index.html
In this process I have also been able restore lots of quicktime sculpture animations which were not working due to changes in browser compatabilities: the movies had all to be converted to .mp4.
I've also added  one which was only available on a CDRom:
http://www.groupoids.org.uk/popmath/cpm/sculpture/pages/destiny.html
It expresses John Robinson's understanding of modern scientific discoveries.
Nowadays many browsers can take it nicely (chrome,opera) though firefox claimed it needed  a plugin.
Please let me know of any problems.
Actually I have one problem. The final supposed unknot on the first diagram on
http://www.groupoids.org.uk/popmath/cpm/exhib/pagesexhib/knotsame.html
has got one crossing wrong and is not an unknot! If anyone would be prepared to edit the file I'd be grateful!
Ronnie Brown

* Ronald Brown's web site
@ 2016-06-06 20:45 RONALD BROWN
From: RONALD BROWN @ 2016-06-06 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)