categories - Category Theory list
* Re: discrete probability functor on Rel
       [not found] <9c30184e-b113-c156-f86c-f71c6b31149c@cs.bham.ac.uk>
@ 2016-09-05 11:32 ` Paul B Levy
From: Paul B Levy @ 2016-09-05 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear Nathan,

Your suggestion of deducing the countable splitting lemma from the
finite one using the finite intersection property doesn't work, because
the set of distributions on Nat is not compact.  For example, let d_n be
the distribution that is 1 on n and 0 everywhere else.  This converges
pointwise to the "distribution" that is 0 everywhere.

So I still don't know how to prove the countable splitting lemma.  Maybe
you can get a student to write up Nawrotsky's algorithm in English...

Paul

--
Paul Blain Levy
School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham

* discrete probability functor on Rel
@ 2016-07-27 11:27 Paul B Levy